"Big thanks for the software! I just started learning Chinese here at the UN,
and your program is just what I need. It lets me follow up what I
learn in the classroom and then explore further."
—Nikolai Galkin, United Nations
The fifth lesson in the Stepping Stones series uses a story about a man who buried his 300 taels of silver hoping that no one would find it. Unfortunately, he put up a sign leading his neighbor right to it. This lesson introduces sixteen new characters.
To study this lesson, just follow the seven numbered steps in the Study Guide below. Click on the link for each step to find everything you'll need.
1. Audio immersion - Familiarize yourself with the sound of the story
2. Audio practice - Learn to recite the story, one line at a time
3. Vocabulary study - Learn the sound and meaning of each character and how it is written
4. Vocabulary review - Test yourself on the characters you've learned
6. Reading practice - Read the story in Chinese (you can do this!)
7. Exercises - Apply what you've learned
Once you have completed all of these steps and you can read the story comfortably, you are ready to go on to Lesson 6.